Swans Through the Seasons

Monday morning May 29
Sub Title:A Canada Goose Shower

Everything fine today... went down quite early. The guys on those mobilized lawn-mowers were cutting up a storm on the grassy areas, and fairly soon, little swan tails could be seen heading for the water

Nobody being chased this morning - always good news.

Geese:
There are now several dozen geese and the population is growing by the hour -- they're all coming in early this year (usually it's not until the end of June) - and it's getting too messy to even walk along the path and lagoon-edge on that side. Water contamination is always a worry.

As I was chatting with Boy, two geese nearby in the water decided to have a big fight, and I ended up drenched with water - face, eyes, clothes - YUCK. The swans assumed a suitable expression of disdain for their honking neighbours. I rather like Canada Geese - they're a remarkable bird - if only we could put a cork in..... occasionally!

Marlika
still on her 'leftover' eggs. Cygnet growing by leaps and bounds but remaining by the nest! Precious was in the holding pond area, clearly keeping an eye on everything. Am sure Marlika will eventually figure out that nothing's going to happen with the eggs. She appears to be in pretty good shape, probably because Precious has relieved her so frequently all through nesting time.