Ask the Swan Specialist

Re: Injured swan - how do I transport?
By:The Regal Swan
Date: 5 October 2017
In Response To: Injured swan - how do I transport? (Tonya)

Hi Tonya

What is the injury?

Federal and state wildlife officials want the Mute Swans dead so they can introduce the larger Trumpeter Swans for Trophy Waterfowl hunting purposes. So. getting them to help is useless and they probably have told most wildlife rehabbers not to help. Yet, there still may be a wildlife or waterfowl rehabilitation facility that might help. If not, see if there might be a wildlife trapper in your area that might help. You may have to pay one to help. If none of this possible, you will need to get a couple of kayaks to herd the swan on land for capture. Then, wrap him gently in a towel, place him in the back of a car with someone sitting next to him and get him to the vet. Please let us know how this situation progresses. The Regal Swan

Messages In This Thread

Injured swan - how do I transport? -- Tonya -- 5 October 2017
Re: Injured swan - how do I transport? -- The Regal Swan -- 5 October 2017